At PCI, our mission is to provide certainty in an uncertain world – enabling our employees and clients alike to sleep better at night.
100+ organizations and their 20,000+ employees nationwide rely on PCI to deliver business-critical IT solutions. With PCI, organizations can leverage IT and industry expertise within cloud computing, IT-as-a-Service, IT security and service desk.
We are a collection of self-starting, self-motivated individuals who excel at working in teams to create, develop and implement solutions for our clients. At PCI, we are committed to taking charge of any and all challenges that are presented to us with the desire to leave things in better shape than when we found them.
See for yourself why our employees and clients love being part of the PCI family!
About the team
This position will provide network engineering support to PCI’s clients, while operating a variety of on-premise and cloud-based network technologies. As a mid-level Network Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for responding to device & client generated support tickets and new technology design. These range from service requests (move, add, change, delete) to troubleshooting and break/fix tickets. Additional duties may include assisting with the network specific components of client on-boardings and disaster recovery tests.
As part of our growing Operations team, you will find yourself surrounded by curious, creative and growth-minded IT professionals who are among the best in the industry. Our team integrates creativity with a passion for learning emerging technologies to provide relentless support for our client base. We challenge each other to grow, solve problems, and to be the best IT solutions provider possible.
What Experience you will need
- 3-7 years proven professional Network Engineering experience
- Basic understanding of operating system network administration
- History of clean and consistent network racking, cabling, and labeling practices
- History of creating and maintaining robust network documentation (diagrams, port maps, etc.)
- Excellent logical troubleshooting skills
- Set up and configuration of firewalls, routers, load balancers, switches etc.
- Firewall planning, design, setup and administration is another major responsibility (Palo Alto).
- Wireless design and administration (Cisco and Ubiquiti).
- Network Monitoring tools
- Interface with vendors such as MSPs and network equipment providers.
- Ability to contribute to a team as part of an on-call rotation
- 24×7 on call support on a rotational basis
- Previous enterprise incident magnet and change management experience. Trouble ticket discipline is a must.
- The ability to quickly learn new technical concepts and skills and implement standard operating procedures.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills. Customer facing presentation and project implementation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with a broad range of individuals at all levels.
- Resourceful in getting things done, self-starter, productive working independently or collaboratively – ours is a fast-pace entrepreneurial environment with performance expectations and deadlines
- Share our values: Go-getter, Constantly Curious, Service-first
- Experience and desire to work in a solution provider environment
The following are not required but a plus:
- Industry vendor certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, FortiGate, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2003 and newer server environments
- Experience with VMware vSphere
- Experience with PowerShell, similar scripting language
What differentiates PCI from other companies
- At PCI you have direct access to ownership – we’re transparent, open to new ideas, quick to make smart decisions and always available to talk.
- Work / Life success is very important to us – we have frequent office events, team outings and family gatherings.
- We’ve been around the block – the stability and experience that comes with 40 years in business is shared, ensuring certainty for our employees.
- We believe in sharing PCI’s success, which is part of the compensation for all employees.
Information Technology & Services
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org