Are you able to perform independently in a role while collaborating with other departments? Are you highly organized with the ability to stay on task and be strategic with little supervision? Do you enjoy engaging with clients and building relationships? As the Purchasing Manager you will have the opportunity to build a department while ensuring that clients and employees have the equipment and resources necessary to perform their jobs.
PCI is Western New York's Leading Information Technology Service Provider. For 40 years, PCI has focused on our Core Client relationships, controlled growth and IT Infrastructure Support Services. Our Clients can leverage IT and industry expertise within cloud computing, IT-as-a-Service, IT security, and service desk. At PCI, our mission is to provide certainty in an uncertain world – enabling our employees and clients alike to sleep better at night.
PCI’s commitment to you:
As Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for organizing and supervising the purchasing functions of PCI to meet the needs of our employees and our clients. You will also manage daily activities including day to day and project purchases. You will build and maintain relationships with vendors and keep accurate, up-to-date licensing documentation. Lastly, the Purchasing Manager will coordinate the bid process to ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
You might be a great fit if you have experience with:
- Building and growing a department
- Setting and delivering on strategic goals
- Managing vendor and partnership relationships
- Licensing and software terminology, requirements, and rights (Microsoft, Egnyte, PrinterLogic, Barracuda)
The Purchasing Manager will:
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures related to purchasing strategies and the department as a whole.
- Assess current material availability; reasonably predict future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Manage the daily procurement functions including, but not limited to, preparing spreadsheets, creating, issuing and updating purchase orders, and placing orders for hardware and software purchasing activities.
- Negotiate vendor pricing, terms and discounts for IT hardware and software purchases.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and clients to identify and execute vendor negotiations and service improvement.
- Continually evaluate vendors on their ability to deliver products in a timely, cost-effective and quality manner.
- Evaluate and execute end-to-end sourcing and procurement processes for IT Procurement spend/contracts.
- Support relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of cost calculation and projects.
- Maintain and/or implement purchasing and recordkeeping systems (i.e. Autotask, Passport).
- Prepare and present market conditions and merchandise cost reports
- 3 years of experience in similar or related role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- Experience with Autotask and/or Service Now
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing strategies
- Knowledge of vendor software contracts, licensing terminology and software license rights, including but not limited to, Microsoft, Egnyte, Printer Logic, and/or Barracuda
- Third-party Vendor audit experience.
FLSA Category - Exempt, full-time. May require 24x7 support.
Supervisory Responsibility – Future potential
Location – Remote (Buffalo, NY preferred)
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org