Are you a motivated self-starter who still enjoys leading and being part of a team? Do you have comprehensive knowledge of technology and operating systems as well as cloud fundamentals? As Principal Systems Engineer, you will be an intricate part of leading daily operations and provide a high level of infrastructure support both internally and externally.
PCI is Western New York's Leading Information Technology Service Provider. For 40 years, PCI has focused on our Core Client relationships, controlled growth and IT Infrastructure Support Services. Our Clients can leverage IT and industry expertise within cloud computing, IT-as-a-Service, IT security, and service desk. At PCI, our mission is to provide certainty in an uncertain world – enabling our employees and clients alike to sleep better at night.
PCI’s commitment to you:
Within a team of Systems Engineers, you will design, develop, support, and maintain the organization's hosted systems infrastructure. You will develop, modify, test, and maintain the systems and make updates to installation documentation. As a team lead for PCI’s onsite core team, work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
You might be a great fit if you have experience with:
- Leading technical resources while also contributing hands-on to the team
- On-prem to cloud migrations for modern workplace solutions
- Azure (preferred) or AWS
- VMWare or Hyper-V
- SAN storage
- Exchange Administration, troubleshooting and migrations
The Principal Systems Engineer will:
- Lead day-to-day operations of the onsite core team, including que management, scheduling, performance management, and coaching
- Interact directly with core clients on a regular basis
- Test system security and integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure
- Coordinate and perform additions and changes to systems, investigations, analyses, recommendations, configurations, installations and testing of new hardware and software
- Participate in planning, design, and technical review and implementation for new infrastructure
- Develop, maintain, and interpret information, system usage, functional specifications, and detailed design documentation and diagrams in relation to enterprise class servers
- Provide technical consultation, training, and support to other IT staff
- Develop, maintain, and update a library of technical documentation
FLSA Category - Exempt, full-time.
Supervisory Responsibility – Yes
Location – Buffalo, NY
Starting at $80,000 - $105,000 per year
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com