Are you a motivated self-starter that still enjoys being part of a team? Do you have comprehensive knowledge of core technologies and infrastructure? As Network Engineer, you will be a very intricate part of daily operations and provide a high level of technology support both internally and externally.
PCI is Western New York's Leading Information Technology Service Provider. For 40 years, PCI has focused on our Core Client relationships, controlled growth and IT Infrastructure Support Services. Our Clients can leverage IT and industry expertise within cloud computing, IT-as-a-Service, IT security, and service desk. At PCI, our mission is to provide certainty in an uncertain world – enabling our employees and clients alike to sleep better at night.
PCI’s commitment to you:
Within a team of Network Engineers, you will focus on maintaining the technology integrity and functionality of the PCI’s core network infrastructure components used in the support of connectivity for our employees and our clients. This position helps the business achieve optimum use of their computer networks by performing needs analyses, procurement support, installation, monitoring, configuration, training, and problem resolution for the core network infrastructure components.
You might be a great fit if you have:
- An understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Hands-on experience with Next Generation Firewall technology.
- A comprehensive knowledge of switching, routing, load balancing, IT schema’s, circuits, and VPN.
- The ability to effectively communicate effectively to customers and coworkers.
- The ability to maintain your own work schedule and function with little supervision.
The Network Engineer will:
- Implement and maintain switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, remote access systems, security appliances, wireless systems, internet connections and private line services.
- Participate in root cause analysis and recommend product enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve reliability and functionality.
- Design, configure, maintain, and manage network security features to achieve optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and reasonable costs.
- Perform customization and system administration for network management, task/project management, help desk, work group integration and documentation on core network technologies.
- Collaborate with the business on new hardware and software installations/upgrades.
- Analyze, recommend, and evaluate new hardware, software, and communications products to enhance functionality in support of the business.
- Develop, maintain, and update a library of technical documentation.
- Work with cross-functional teams in the design and implementation of information technology.
FLSA Category - Exempt, full-time.
Supervisory Responsibility – No
Location – Buffalo, NY
Other -Night and weekend work may be necessary. Participation in 24x7 on-call rotation is mandatory.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org