At PCI, our mission is to provide certainty in an uncertain world – enabling our employees and clients alike to sleep better at night.
100+ organizations and their 20,000+ employees nationwide rely on PCI to deliver business-critical IT solutions. With PCI, organizations can leverage IT and industry expertise within cloud computing, IT-as-a-Service, IT security and service desk.
We are a collection of self-starting, self-motivated individuals who excel at working in teams to create, develop and implement solutions for our clients. At PCI, we are committed to taking charge of any and all challenges that are presented to us with the desire to leave things in better shape than when we found them.
See for yourself why our employees and clients love being part of the PCI family!
About the team
As a Systems Engineer at PCI you will be in the Operations think-tank that is helping our client partners solve technical problems. You will be responsible for providing engineering level decisions and ideas to maintain a steady state of PCI’s private & public cloud infrastructures. Virtual systems management and up time. Resolving incidents using troubleshooting techniques, tools and ITIL best practices.
As part of our growing Operations team, you will find yourself surrounded by curious, creative and growth-minded IT professionals who are among the best in the industry. Our team integrates creativity with a passion for learning emerging technologies to provide relentless support for our client base. We challenge each other to grow, solve problems, and to be the best IT solutions provider possible.
What Experience you will need
- 3-7 years of proven professional experience managing server farms, storage arrays and multiple operating system administration.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems, Office 365, Hyper-V, Storage administration, Network administration, Citrix, RDS, SolarWinds monitoring and patch management.
- Experience with Azure.
- Experience with AWS Web Services EC2, RDS, VPC, IAM, Route53, S3, and other AWS Services.
- Provide technical support to staff onsite and at remote locations.
- Installation and support of Servers, PCs, laptops, printers and all related company software.
- An ability to solve complex problems in an organized and timely fashion.
- On-call rotation is required, as 7×24 support is required.
- Possess good organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Previous enterprise incident management and change management experience.
- The ability to quickly learn new technical concepts and skills and implement standard operating procedures.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- We operate under a team mentality; you will often be asked to help teammates on other teams to ensure deliverables are met.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with a broad range of individuals at all levels.
- Resourceful in getting things done, self-starter, productive working independently or collaboratively – ours is a fast-pace entrepreneurial environment with performance expectations and deadlines.
- Share our values: Go-getter, Constantly Curious, Service-first.
- Experience and desire to work in a solution provider environment.
What differentiates PCI from other companies
- At PCI you have direct access to ownership –we’re transparent, open to new ideas, quick to make smart decisions and always available to talk.
- Work / Life success is very important to us –we have frequent office events, team outings and family gatherings.
- We’ve been around the block – the stability and experience that comes with 40 years in business is shared, ensuring certainty for our employees.
- We believe in sharing PCI’s success, which is part of the compensation for all employees.
Location for this position is Buffalo, NY.
Information Technology & Services
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org