At PCI, our mission is to provide certainty in an uncertain world – enabling our employees and clients alike to sleep better at night.
100+ organizations and their 20,000+ employees nationwide rely on PCI to deliver business-critical IT solutions. With PCI, organizations can leverage IT and industry expertise within cloud computing, IT-as-a-Service, IT security and service desk.
We are a collection of self-starting, self-motivated individuals who excel at working in teams to create, develop and implement solutions for our clients. At PCI, we are committed to taking charge of any and all challenges that are presented to us with the desire to leave things in better shape than when we found them.
See for yourself why our employees and clients love being part of the PCI family!
Understands the Software Development Lifecycle and has the outright understanding of various automation tools for developing digital pipelines (CI/ CD pipelines). Works with others to oversee code releases.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of one cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Good hands-on knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools like – Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform etc.
- Proficient in scripting, and Git and Git workflows
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD)
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Automating and orchestrating workloads across multiple public cloud providers. Automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management system such as Google Deployment Manager, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS Cloud Formation, etc.
- Experience working with at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, or Java.
- Comfortable with fast paced Dev Ops environment
- Support internal and external customers on multiple platforms.
- Work with customers and other teams to troubleshoot customer environments to increase their satisfaction.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents.
- Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve the customer experience, create playbooks.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Responsible to understand the need to protect PCI confidential information, protected health information and any other client confidential information, and to apply information security principles when dealing with such information.
- Responsibility to understand the PCI and Client systems availability service level agreements and security and compliance process, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- 3 -5 years relevant experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Must be a solid team player.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work – This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) Monday through Friday.
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com