Are you a natural leader capable of ensuring service levels are met or exceeded? Do enjoy facilitating and managing deliverables for clients and projects? Do you have extensive experience managing a team? As Infrastructure Engineering Manager, you will establish workflows and manage engineering staff to maximize efficiency and produce high levels of service quality and customer satisfaction.
PCI is Western New York's Leading Information Technology Service Provider. For 40 years, PCI has focused on our Core Client relationships, controlled growth and IT Infrastructure Support Services. Our Clients can leverage IT and industry expertise within cloud computing, IT-as-a-Service, IT security, and service desk. At PCI, our mission is to provide certainty in an uncertain world – enabling our employees and clients alike to sleep better at night.
PCI’s commitment to you:
As Infrastructure Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the management and leadership of the Infrastructure Engineering team, comprised of systems and network engineers. You will be responsible for the daily operations, planning and configuration of PCI and client infrastructure (Public and private cloud platforms, software integration services, virtualization, networking, and other third-party solutions provided by PCI). You will ensure that hardware and/or software is designed and installed in a manner that meets the needs of the business and that service levels are met or exceeded, while making recommendations for changes to products or services.
You might be a great fit if you have experience with:
- Leading a team of technical talent
- Infrastructure management
- On-prem, AWS & Azure System and Network administration
- On-prem to cloud migrations
- System engineering design strategies and techniques
- Defining processes, procedures and tools for system development, validation, integration, and verification
The Infrastructure Engineering Manager will:
- Leverage PCI’s core values in your day-to-day management to motivate, instill high standards and achieve results from your team.
- Develop a high-performing team comprised of engaged engineers through hiring and continued coaching.
- Build collaborative working relationships across the organization. Communicate cross-departmentally to ensure PCI operational and decision-making requirements are created, provided and/or improved.
- Work with project managers to support the creation, maintenance and execution of project plans, work breakdown structures, and schedules.
- Resource demand / capacity management to ensure coverage of client’s hours of operations and contractual service and support obligations.
- Develop and implement organizational processes that aid the engineering team in achieving their goals
- Develop strategic and operational plans for control, management, and improvement of IT capabilities which includes service and data reporting, data integrity and security methodologies, client support services, technical standards for documentation, testing and training, and capacity analytics for hardware systems pertaining to cloud, virtual and physical infrastructure.
- Act as Change Manager for PCI’s productive state operations and PCI’s corporate IT environment.
- Participate in the architecture and technology choices to bring to fruition a world-class user experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a background in Computer Science, Systems / Network Engineering, or IT Security focus.
- 10+ years hands on experience in systems and/or network engineering strongly preferred
- 5+ years supervising or managing a team of systems or network engineers
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data
- DevOps experience, designing, scoping, and deploying complex automation and build systems to a production environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, test methodologies and tools, and passion for quality processes.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization to achieve organizational objectives
FLSA Category - Exempt, full-time, 7x24 on call support.
Supervisory Responsibility – Yes
Location – Buffalo, NY
Pay Range: $86,469 - $140,000
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org